Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 7

I know Day 7 has been over for 36 minutes now, but I'm working nights so I'll try to update when I can. Today began with church, which was exactly what I needed. Praise God for meeting me and filling me with His peace this morning! After church, I went home to take a much-needed nap before returning to church to run a preview for Financial Peace University. Jim and I are starting our latest class this week. Unfortunately, Jim will not be back in time for the first class, so it's up to me to run the class smoothly Wednesday.

After the preview, I received a wonderful surprise - Jim called me! I was not expecting a call from him until he returns to the States Wednesday night, especially since he's been in a rural area without much reception. Thank you God for providing reception for that important call - it was crystal clear! The sound of his voice made me cry. Apparently I'm very emotional these days - I blame it on being tired. He didn't have much time to talk to me, but he did get a chance to say that he is having an amazing eye-opening time and can't wait to share everything he's seen when he gets back. It was 9:00 AM Monday morning there, 5:00 PM Sunday night here when he called. You do the math!

I'm still at work with another 5.5 hours to go. It's been a very busy night (this is the first chance I've had to sit down!) but at least it's going by fast. Thank you all AGAIN for your continued prayers and support. It's been difficult for me to have him gone, but I am so thankful to see how God has provided for us both during this time.

Cries had: 3.0
Days to go: 4

No comments: