Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1

I spent Day 1 without Jim getting a lot accomplished - errands ran, house cleaned, boxes put away from Christmas gifts, etc. I also enjoyed a shopping trip and lunch with Shauna and Alivia (my dear friend and her nine-month-old baby girl) which included finding awesome sweatpants for Jim, snuggling with a cuddly baby girl, and Blizzards from Dairy Queen.

Jim spent today flying, first from snowy Portland to snowy Seattle, and then embarking on a 12.5 hour flight. Both Portland and Seattle experienced snow and freezing rain last night, so praise God he made it safely to Seattle, and his final flight was on time! I was able to speak to him on the phone before he left Seattle, and he was sad to report that the seats on the international flight were just as small as the seats on the domestic flights we took to Florida. Pray that he does not go stir-crazy sitting in a cramped seat for 12.5 hours!

I will most likely not get to speak to Jim again until he returns to the States as international calling rates are really expensive. He is hoping to send me a few text messages along the way, and if he has access to a computer some time I may get an email. I will keep everyone updated as I find out more information!

In the mean time, thank you for your prayers and support. I especially have been overwhelmed with the generosity of our friends and church family during this time. What a blessing it has been for Jim and I both to know that I will be taken care of while Jim is away!

Cries had: 1.5
Days to go: 10

No comments: