Sunday, May 30, 2010

Baby girl at 35.5 weeks (May 18, 2010)

Here are the long-promised pictures from our ultrasound at 35.5 weeks.
Baby girl Brown weighed in at 6 lbs 5 oz in this ultrasound (which
puts her at the 70th percentile on the growth curve) with an amniotic
fluid index of 20 (which means she is VERY well hydrated!). Dr. H says
she has chubby cheeks and a chubby tummy and short little arms and
legs (maybe she'll take after Mommy in height) and a head full of
hair. And her head is well engaged in Mommy's pelvis (not that I
couldn't have told you that!).

I love these pictures of her chubby little face smashed into my
pelvis... Check out her "fish lips" look! She is obviously not starving!

In other news, we are 37+ weeks now and Baby girl can make her way
into the world anytime. Especially since I'm pretty certain my pelvis
has started to separate. And did I mention I'll be working full-time
(12 hour shifts on my feet delivering babies) until she gets here?

I'm sure I'll be writing a most-sad post at 40 weeks when she still
hasn't come. We already know how stubborn she can be!

Other news - Dave Ramsey would be proud! We officially paid off our
last debt and are now debt-free (except for our house)! What a
blessing to a) been able to pay off our debt in 2 years and b) bring
our daughter into a debt-free home. I am planning on returning to work
after Baby girl gets here, but being debt-free will allow me to be
able to work less and be at home with her more.

No comments: