Saturday, May 8, 2010

34 weeks!

Baby girl is officially 34 weeks. I am officially uncomfortable.
Regular visits to the chiropractor are keeping me (somewhat) sane.
I've got Baby girl feet pushing my right ribs into my brain and my
right hip into the ground. Her elbow/hand regularly pushes my flat
belly button into an outie. Braxton hicks are now a part of my daily
life. On top of all that, we've had some really weird spring storms
passing through and Baby girl (and Mommy!) do not enjoy the increased
abdominal pressure.

On the other hand, I have to admit I am starting to freak out over how
fast this is all going. I can't believe we only have 6 short weeks
until Baby girl arrives. I do not feel ready to be a Mommy, and I'm
certainly not ready to give up having Jim all to myself!

The exciting event happening this week is our 34-week ultrasound. Jim
and I are both excited to see Baby girl's beautiful face again, and
I'm nervous to see what the ultrasound will tell us about our delivery
options. As you may remember, Baby girl is currently transverse and
seems very comfortable there. I'm curious to know why she is so
comfortable (placental placement, short cord, tangled cord, etc.).
This ultrasound will tell us which delivery option will be safest or
both Baby girl and me (and we'll get some cute new pictures to share!).

No comments: