Tuesday, December 23, 2008

League Champions!

Sixteen-plus weeks ago, my fellow-wives and I made a very crucial decision regarding football season: If you can't beat them, join them. So when our husbands formed a fantasy football league, we joined in with our own team to avoid the "Football Widow" phenomenon. Anyone else who is married to a man who loves football knows what I am talking about!

And we didn't just join them, we took it seriously. Before the draft, we studied up on player stats and reviews. We each spent a portion of our weeks analyzing the players on our team to determine the best combination each week. Fortunately, our hard work has paid off: after sixteen long weeks of fantasy football, "The Winning Wives" have won the league championship!

Are the boys sad about this? Of course! They all done got beat by a bunch of girls! Now if we can just get them to pay up our hard-earned money.

Really though, my husband tells me he's proud of me...

No comments: