Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tales of May 2008 = Graduation, Two Weddings, and a Vacation

May 2008 was a busy month for us! We started out celebrating my graduation from Washington State University on May 9. I think Jim might have been more excited about my graduation than I was... he's looking forward to not having to share me with nursing school! Here are some pictures from graduation:

The next big event for the Browns was Jason and Codi Jarrett's Wedding on May 17. Jim was a groomsman and I somehow ended up acting as wedding/reception coordinator at the last minute. The wedding took place at Promise Gardens in Pasco, and was wonderful, even in 104 degree weather. Here's a picture of Jim and me at the wedding:

As many of you know, Jim and I are often very busy and rarely have a moment alone. However, with school ending for me and the summer not yet started for Jim, we had a few days off during May which we took advantage of by taking a trip to Portland and the Oregon Coast. We spent two days in Portland with Jim's college roommate and his wife and two days in Lincoln City. We could not have asked for better weather in Lincoln City, and spent the majority of our time there on the beach. Here are some pictures from our vacation:

Our hotel in Lincoln City... right on the beach!
Jim made me a pretty picture on the beach...
The sunset on the beach.
The view on our drive home through the Scenic Corridor in Oregon.

The final event for us in May was attending David and D'Neil Stjern's wedding on May 31, 2008. It was a beautiful wedding and we really enjoyed ourselves. Here's a picture of Jim and me at their reception:

No comments: