Tuesday, September 14, 2010
At 3 months, we are...
- playing all the time! We love to bat at the animals on our toy gym and stand with Mommy and Daddy's help. Our favorite animal is the ferocious lion. We have a lion on our crib mobile and one on our gray toy gym that we favor above all the other animals. We especially find it funny to watch lions roar and pounce on their prey! (Jim and I discovered this after letting her watch "Baby Einstein World Animals" and "Planet Earth". The octopus sock puppet on "Baby Neptune" is a close second. The other "Baby Einstein" videos seem to bore her!)
- sleeping VERY well. We love our schedule and accomplished sleeping 12 hours through the night last week (BTW here's how I did it: "The Baby Sleep Solution" by Suzy Giordano. Highly recommend it!). We take two naps during the day and everyone knows when it's close to naptime! Don't let our crankiness fool you - we go down easily and actually will go from tears to smiling when Mommy and Daddy start our bedtime routine.
- eating like a champ. We recently moved from taking 5-6 oz at a feed to taking a full 8 oz. Mommy was able to stop supplementing at 11 weeks and we are much happier on an exclusive-breastmilk diet.
- "talking" a lot! We love to coo at our animal friends and anyone who will talk back. Our favorite time to "talk" is to Mommy and Daddy while on our changing pad - especially when we are getting ready for bed. Sometime we try hard to mimic what Mommy and Daddy are saying and othertimes we just jibber-jabber! We also laughed for the first time at 11 weeks at Daddy.
- drooling a lot! Bibs are now our favorite accessory (and teething tablets are Mommy's new best friend). We love to chew on anything that we can get into our mouths - especially the thumb on our right hand.
Halle's day at 3 months:
8:00: Wake up, talk to animals on mobile, have "breakfast" bottle with Mommy and Daddy
8:30 - 9:30: Shower and get dressed
9:30 - 10:30: Morning nap
10:30 - Noon: Play with Mommy and our animal friends while listening to Pastor Mark (currently we are listening to his sermon series on Luke)
12:30 - 2:00: Play some more. We alternate between our gray toy gym, our blue toy gym, our bouncer and standing or staring at Mommy's shirt.
2:00 - 4:00: Afternoon nap
4:30 - 7:30: Play with Mommy and Daddy, sometimes take a quick power-nap around 6.
7:30: Bedtime routine (put on pajamas and nighttime diaper, talk about our day on the changing pad, say goodnight to Daddy, bedtime bottle)
My favorite story of Halle at 3 months:
Last Sunday I was holding Halle during worship. We always sit in the front row right in front of Daddy so Halle can watch him. Daddy began reading from Psalms during the worship time and Halle instantly become very still and focused and started to "talk" excitedly when he would pause between words. I strongly believe she recognized the difference between when Jim was talking and when God's Word was being read and was encouraged to see her response - I will treasure that moment in my heart for a long time to come. May our precious daughter come to know and love you Jesus!